Date and time
Tuesday 17 July 2018, 09:00-17:30
By masterclass leader Sasha Frieze from The Business Narrative.
Who should attend
Associations or bodies with no event director, or one event manager or smaller associations CEOs
||Registration and Coffee
- Targets and objectives: how do you know what you want to achieve?
- Measuring your success: what are your KPIs
- What value events deliver to your organisation
- Balance of annual events / regular programme
- Understanding your marketplace – analysing competitors
- Return On Investment or Return On Objective?
- Which event business models deliver the most to your bottom line?
- Annual events, conferences, seminars, training, webinars – what’s the revenue stream, what’s the cost, what’s the surplus contribution?
||Networking and Refreshments
Creating commercial quality content that meets your members’ needs and delivers revenue
Best practice content development – how do you maximise research in a content-rich world
Overcoming the challenges of working with advisory boards and committees – tips and tricks
Speaker or topic – which is the bigger draw?
Curating your audience – who’s in the room?
Segmenting your market to ensure all stakeholders are present
Brand positioning: annual events vs organisations vs regular programme
Leveraging your existing content to engage your participants: maximising content marketing
- In-house sales or agency partnership - what works for you
- Sponsor vs partner: building long-term relationships with partners and engaging them in the future of your events
- Bespoke and creative packages that meet your sponsors’ objectives
Logistics and compliance
- Overcoming the challenge of venues constrained by geography
- Compliance – what do you need to know
Networking and Refreshments
Your questions answered
||Feedback and conclusion
Earlybird rate only £395 +VAT before 31 May (rising to £495+VAT afterwards)
About the Masterclass leader
With over twenty-five years' events industry experience as a producer of more than 1,000 world class events and as a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing, Sasha is committed to sharing her practical expertise with the next generation of event professionals as a visiting lecturer in event management at The University of Westminster, London and judging industry awards.
by past delegates for this course leader
"The market mapping and strategy she presented guided us in ensuring that both our first and subsequent events were a commercial success and supported our brand values. I'm delighted to recommend Sasha, and fully intend to work with her again."
"As Publisher of the Media Guardian I asked Sasha to help us extend the brand into commercial events, and was delighted with her strategic vision, commercial ideas and understanding of complex media companies."
etc.venues Prospero House
241 Borough High St