Date and time
Thursday 28 June 2018, 09:30-17:00
Learn from one of the most inspirational advisors in the association world how to lead your governing board to articulate and realise its greater purpose. This one-day workshop is for Association Executive Directors who are about to start a transformation process or have already started one and are struggling to articulate a purpose that unites their governing board, office and members, so that:
- More board members are united behind a common cause
- More members contribute to the success of the association
- More funders fund the association
The alternative is division within the Governing Board, between the Governing Board and the office, or between them and the community. Division sabotages change and increases concerns about the organisation’s relevance and sustainability in an ever-changing world.
You will leave with a set of tools and roadmap, personalised to your needs that are guaranteed to succeed. When EASL (the home of hepatology) followed the same approach, their:
- membership increased by 25%
- delegates at their annual conference reached record levels
- monthly journal reached an Impact Factor of over 13
- profit increased by €7 million in 2.5 years
A similar exercise at ESDR (The European Society for Dermatological Research) is leading to an entirely different way to engage young skin scientists and the creation of a new Foundation, which will secure commitments of over €5 million at its launch.
Who should attend
Executive Heads and those involved in strategic direction of Associations, Societies & Federations.
||Registration and Coffee
||WHY to get on 'Purpose'
- How 'Purpose' is trending today
- Why associations need to change
- Why most change programmes fail
- Why most organisations fail to develop a purpose that unites their stakeholders
||HOW to get on 'Purpose'
- How to develop a purpose that works for you, your governing board and your members
- How to put 'Purpose' at the heart of everything you do
WHAT others are doing
Discuss with fellow Executive Directors:
- The challenges they face today implementing purpose
- Their advice on how do it better
HOW to generate Sustainable Value
How to develop
- An audience profile
- A value proposition that flows from the purpose
- A sustainable business model that enables you to attract new funders
||HOW others are doing it | Networking break with other fellow Executive Directors.
WHAT to do next
Develop your own:
- 100-Day Plan to generate unstoppable momentum
- Roadmap to embed purpose at the heart of everything you do
Earlybird rate only £475 +VAT before 31 May (rising to £545+VAT afterwards)
About the Masterclass leader
Alex Inchbald is a strategist and extreme artist painting in extreme places all over the world to explore what is required to be creative everywhere. He shares the insights to help leaders and leading organisations tackle the biggest challenges they face. He has worked with some of the world’s leading organisations including The WHO, Red Cross, UNICEF, Global Fund, HP, P&G & Unilever. He has helped leading medical associations ESDR, ESRA, EASL, ESOT and IOF develop strategies. Alex is the founding partner of Creative Leadership Partners
This event is only open to members of the Association of Association Executives. Please register then join the AAE prior to attending the event.
(at no fee) before the event.